Have you spent a lifetime struggling to maintain a healthy body weight?
Lost the weight a handful of times but struggled to keep it off for good?
Do you wonder if you are truly addicted to food!? Feel powerless over food cravings?
Does the thought of being visible to the world again when your thin scare you?
95% of people who lose weight have this story, because research shows that only 5% manage to keep the weight off past 5 years. Yet, the reason 95% struggle is because they are often unwilling to look below the surface to explore the REAL reasons they’ve struggled since childhood with food.
Therapy with Dr. Mondo is an opportunity to be apart of the growing percentage of people who are keeping the weight off for good by making the mental and emotional side of weight loss a priority during and after their transformation.
Whether you are thinking about losing weight, in the middle of a weight loss transformation, or recently lost weight, Therapy with Dr. Mondo is a process that is vital to your long term success.
Dr. Mondo’s exclusive access to work with contestants of NBC’s The Biggest Loser has established him as the field’s expert on weight loss. Therapy with Dr. Mondo will help you:
- Gain insight into the real reasons you have been overeating your entire life.
- Understand why you’ve been using food as a comforter your entire life in response to overwhelming emotions or life circumstances in your life.
- Identify the trigger emotions that lead you to food, time and gain, and gain tools and guidance to reverse this vicious pattern.
- Learn what specific challenges and changes to expect during your weight loss transformation and into weight maintenance.
- Untangle your identity (low self-esteem, self-confidence, self-worth) from the number on the scale.
- Guidance on how to make your weight loss journey a journey of learning how to love and appreciate yourself.
- Establish confidence and self-worth that allows you to live the life you’ve always dreamed of.
- Gain skills to manage relationships where people resist or even sabotage your weight loss and new healthy lifestyle.
“Should I be doing therapy in conjunction with Dr. Mondo’s Road Map for Weight Loss program?”
- Absolutely. The Road Map for Weight Loss online program is not therapy, but instead is a series of classes created to educate you on what to expect during and after weight loss and what to to be successful long-term. Within the program you will do assignments that help you gain insight about why you’ve struggled in the past, or what parts of your life you might need help with.
- Therapy allows you a private one on one 1 session with Dr. Mondo to process anything that’s coming up for you during the classes or during your weight loss journey. Can’t figure out why you eat compulsively late at night, or why you have an aversion to working out? Unsupportive spouse or friends who try to sabotage your progress? Terrified of becoming visible again to the world after weight loss? Therapy with Dr. Mondo is designed to help you process anything and everything related to your weight loss journey.
- For this reason therapy is a perfect compliment to the Road Map for Weight Loss program and often needed for most people who are ready to dive deeper into things that are coming up for them as they go through the program.
“Therapy. Even that words scares me! I’ve heard horror stories. It just seems scary.”
- There’s all kinds of therapy approaches out there and everyone is different. But, rest assured that therapy with Dr. Mondo might not be what you expected. Clients appreciate Dr. Mondo for his warm, engaging, uplifting and insightful approach to working with his clients. He believes therapy should be about empowerment and building people up, not tearing them down.
- As one client exclaimed, “Dr. Mondo speaks our language because he’s been through this himself!” Many therapists want to help people going through battles with their weight, but, unless you’ve lived it, it’s hard to relate. Dr. Mondo is on the same lifelong journey with his health that you are on. He’s battled his weight too. He knows how emotionally painful the journey can be first hand, and because of that he’ll never take you down a path that he has not been down himself. He’s sensitive to just how difficult this is, and how much harder it is to talk about it.
**To Schedule Therapy with Dr. Mondo please submit a request by filling out a contact form. A member of the Dr. Mondo team will reach out shortly to answer any questions you have and help you get your first therapy appointment scheduled.
- Learn more about Dr. Mondo’s approach by reading The Five Reasons Why A Counselor Is Vital To Your Weight Loss Journey
- Due to licensing restrictions therapists can only provide therapy in the state in which they reside and are licensed in. As a result, Dr. Mondo only provides therapy to residents of the state of California. If you live outside of California, Coaching with Dr. Mondo is the best option for you. Learn More!
- How often do I meet with Dr. Mondo for therapy sessions and are those sessions conducted online? Dr. Mondo meets as often as twice weekly and as little as every two weeks with clients for therapy. If you are in the Sacramento region sessions can be booked in person (depending on availability). For all other California residents Dr. Mondo conducts sessions online over Skype or Google Hangouts.
- So when should I begin? As Dr. Mondo often says, “Therapy is about momentum. If momentum is building towards change capitalize on it.” If you are thinking about doing therapy then now is the time to sign up and begin your exploration.
- Interested in seeing Dr. Gonzalez in person at his Sacramento or Roseville offices? For more information about Dr. Mondo’s Northern California Therapy practice visit his practice website www.armandogonzalez.org